The University of Toronto Police is dedicated to creating a safe, secure and equitable environment for students, staff, faculty and visitors.
To support the academic mission of the University, the Police work in partnership with our community:
- to protect persons and property by developing programs and conducting activities that promote safety and security;
- to prevent crime, maintain the peace, resolve conflicts and promote good order;
- to deliver non-discriminatory, inclusive programs to our diverse community;
- to remain accountable to our community.
- to provide referral to community services;
- to respond to emergencies and provide assistance to faculty, students and staff;
- to ensure University policies and regulations are followed, and
- to enforce the criminal code and selected provincial and municipal statutes as necessary;
The University of Toronto Police Service is accountable to our community and guided by the following principles and values:
- respect for the dignity, privacy, worth and diversity of all persons
- fair and impartial treatment of all individuals
- a departmental philosophy that promotes safety and security as a responsibility of all members of the community;
- reliability, competence, accountability, teamwork and open communication, and
- an approach to campus policing that welcomes and encourages community involvement and promotes equity